An Evening In The Nepal Himalaya - The Annapurna Region of Central Nepal
The Annapurna region of central Nepal offers some of the greatest trekking in the world, ranging from day hikes to major treks lasting for three or more weeks. The presentation features the landscapes, mountains, people, culture, festivals and wildlife of this fascinating region, and provides detailed information on all aspects of trekking in the Annapurnas, including:
- the Annapurna Circuit (including the Jomsom trek).
- the Annapurna Sanctuary (South Annapurna Base Camp).
- route variations to begin or end your trek, including Pokhara, Besisahar, Beni, Gorkha and Begnas Tal.
- ideas for getting “off-the-beaten-track”, including Baglungpani, Nar-Phu, the Ice Lakes, Milarepa’s Cave, Tilicho Lake, Dzong, Garab Dzong fort, the East Dhaulagiri Icefall, Dumpha Lake and the North Annapurna Base Camp.
- short treks from Pokhara.
- ideas for avoiding the road-building in the Annapurna region.
- altitude acclimatisation.
- interacting with the mountain people and cultures.
- information on trail and weather conditions.
- security updates and embassy travel advisories.